Megan Epler Wood named Director of the International Sustainable Tourism Initiative at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health's Center for Health and the Global Environment.
The International Sustainable Tourism Initiative helps tourism industry leaders, policy makers, and civil society ensure that tourism improves the health and well-being of people and ecosystems worldwide. It envisions a future in which tourism leaders:
READ MORE HERE.
- Become full partners in all major international conversations that aim to develop economic and environmental solutions for the future of our planet and its residents.
- Possess reliable data and research about tourism’s impacts on global health and the environment.
- Create visionary regional plans for tourism development that protect investments, respond to climate change, and secure ecosystems and human health
- Develop innovative, shared solutions that manage waste and waste water, and protect clean water and air as part of the cost of doing business.
- Have ready access to a professional workforce that uses scientific and data-driven environmental management procedures for managing tourism development.